‘Reduce FOOD WASTAGE, Start COMPOSTING’
Coronavirus pandemic has brought about a major shift in how we people do things. A complete lockdown has made people think about their choices and preferences and how to change them to be able to survive and thrive through this life-altering time. As we continue to live at home, we as the citizens of the world should not put further pressure on the already ongoing crisis, and start taking care of the things that can be managed by us by just going that extra mile. Our steps towards managing our mixed organic waste at home and taking these steps towards food waste management in India can fix our nation a little. So, we at Clean India Ventures urge you to bring the following measures into practice:
Read Also: What is an Organic Waste Composter?
1. Buy Only What You Need: It is the best and the first step towards controlling waste produced at home, restaurant, or any kitchen. Spending on unrequired stuff will only lead to things getting expired and ending up in the dustbin. So, ask yourself while you are planning to purchase the item- Do I need it today or within this week?
2. Practice First In, First Out: Whenever you buy new stocks of food- perishable or non-perishable, first finish or use the stuff that has been bought first so that it does not get rotten. Everyone must make First In & First Out an integral part of their consumption pattern & choices to not let go waste the leftovers in the fridge.
3. Prepare a Grocery List: While you are planning to go to a grocery store to buy weekly required items, just make a list. Impulsive buyers should always try to stick to the list, firstly to not waste food, and secondly to save a lot of money.
4. Donate Surplus Food: In India, millions of poor people go to sleep at night with an empty stomach. If you have surplus food – left over from the day or night, you must feed the hungry. Instead of throwing away which will only further pollute the environment, you can do it for inner peace and make the world a better place to live in for everyone. If you do not have any needy person living near your area, you can drop off the surplus food at the nearby shelter or feed the street animals.
5. Compost Food Waste: If you adopt the above-mentioned measures at home or anywhere food is bought and consumed, then you already are managing half of the waste problem. But, if you still are producing organic waste, then you must start composting instead of throwing the leftovers away in the bin. For some, it can be a complex process, but if you get a hold of it- you can just go green and reduce a lot of landfill waste.
Clean India Ventures is endeavoured to make the world green, organic, and wastage-free. We have designed a complete green waste reprocessor machine that converts mixed organic waste, horticulture waste, kitchen waste, temple waste, and more into organic manure. The machine can convert approximately 1000 Kg of waste in 24-48 hours. If installed strategically, the machine is capable of controlling the society waste problem with the support of semi-skilled labour required for segregation.